Privacy Notice for pupils in schools, early years settings, alternative provision and pupil referral units
Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998
We at Royles Brook Primary School are a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information from you, and may receive information about you from your previous school and the Learning Records Service. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- support your teaching and learning;
- monitor and report on your progress;
- provide appropriate pastoral care;
- help and improve your health and wellbeing, and
- assess how well your school is doing.
This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, and personal characteristics such as your ethnic group, any special educational needs and relevant medical information. If you are enrolling for post 14 qualifications we will be provided with your unique learner number (ULN) by the Learning Records Service, and may also obtain from them details of any learning or qualifications you have undertaken.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
We are required by law to pass some information about you to the Local Authority (LA), and the Department for Education (DfE).
If you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold and/or share, please contact Mrs B Hull or Mrs C Haley via the school office.
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DfE store and use your information, then please see related documents:
- What the LA does with Pupil and School Workforce data ) these are available
- What the DfE does with Pupil data ) at the
- Who the DfE passes Pupil data to ) school office
If you need any further clarification, please contact the LA or the DfE as follows:
- Stephen Clark – Information Unit Manager – 01772-531317
- Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Telephone: 0370 000 2288.
For more information about young peoples’ services, please go to the Directgov Young People page atwww.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeople/index.htm or contact the Local Authority as shown above.